Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Colómbia! (part 1)

We got back last week but theboys got sick and then I got sick yesterday, so sorry it’s taken awhile to get pics up. I have a gazillion pictures and was just going to post ten from each day.. but I can’t narrow them down. So…. You’ll have to bear with me!

We had a great time and were sad that we could only stay one week. We went down to celebrate Carlos’ grandmother’s 80th birthday. Almost everyone from up here went down and they had a big three-day party. It was awesome. I’ve said it before, but Colómbia is a BEAUTIFUL country. And, if anyone is wondering…the correct spelling is Colombia, not Columbia…. just a side note…. :)

Amy went with us and was a great help with the kids. I think she had a good time and I was glad to have her company too! Thanks Amy!

IMG_0182

We left on Wednesday, August 5th at WayTooEearly:30 in the morning and got to Bogotá at about 8:50 pm, their time (they are one hour ahead of us right now.)

IMG_0201 IMG_0185 IMG_0192 IMG_0196

The boys did really well on the trip, considering all the things that I know they are capable of doing. The only major incidents were Zach throwing up on himself and me between Atlanta and Bogotá and Austin having a really bad case of the runs hit right as we were almost finished going through immigration in Bogotá. Needless to say, neither his nor Carlos’ clothes were the same! By the time they got that cleaned up, it was 10:00 or 10:30 before we got out of the airport.

Carlos’ dad, brother and mom picked us up (his mom had flown in the day before) and it was the first time his dad and brother had see Austin and Zach. I was pregnant with Austin last time we went! It took Austin a couple of days to warm up to his abuelo but by then they got along great!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's so great you got to go! How wonderful for his grandma to have everyone there.