Who remembers these things?
Richard’s Gap
We always rode our bikes into this cement pad.
Gulley by a dirt road (not pictured) from which I was always positive a headless horseman would come riding after me (while on my bike) in search of a head. His name escapes me but he’s supposedly buried up there. Oh, what is his name? Aahh, it was Pidgeon’s Grave (Bill?).
Another gulley where we played a lot in the winter, sliding down the hills and making snow forts. If you follow it down there are some really cool places to play in the dirt.
We rode our bikes a lot here -
and everywhere!
Stair-stepping grassy backyards.
The playground has been removed.
Booster
Beautiful view and another place we would ride our bikes-down that hill. That wood thing wasn’t there then but it was still a thrill!
There were always lots of ants but not a thriving metropolis like this.
This was our life for five years. We had a great time. We were able to play outside all day long and explore and walk all over. We had so many different places to go and play. Sure it was in the middle of nowhere (I can’t believe how far away it was!) but we did a lot together as a family because we didn’t have any other choice. We read a lot and learned to entertain ourselves. We didn’t have TV, so we just watched movies and played Nintendo, but it wasn’t all day long. Sometimes I wish life were that simple again.
If you ever went to cousin week, you may remember some of these things!
7 comments:
Hahaha! I remember it!
Such memories! Sara and I had the worst sunburns one year... huge blisters! We even had to wear our swimsuits everywhere because we couldn't stand anything touching our backs. Every time we would stop in a store we would pile out to make a purchase of candy. And your dad would buy us each an ice cream cone. Oh, and Pizza Hut in Vernal... yummy! Plus all of the skits in the back yard. Those cousin weeks were seriously awesome!
I loved cousin week! We always had such a good time! Don't forget your scary dogs that would chase us up to the playground!!!
Hey! even I remeber som of those things!
And let's not forget when Becky Wilde threw up on me in the minivan... haha!
Those were the best trips! You forgot rafting down the green river! Your parents were AMAZING to take us all in like that, they are wonderful! Such great memories:)
that's so sad that the play ground is gone. i actually started writing a paper for an English class about the dirt gulley, and playing in it.
Post a Comment