Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of Preschool (2nd year!) and other new things….

Jaiden started preschool yesterday and was super excited.  He kept asking if it was time to go yet.  He starts at 9:00 a.m., last year he went at 11:40.  There is only one house between us and the school so we just walked him there but when it was time to pick him up, he wanted to ride the bus with the other kids.  He was programmed to ride the bus anyway but I had said we would walk.  Well, I guess he’ll be riding!  I couldn’t choose just one picture from the morning….

IMG_1788a IMG_1795 IMG_1796      IMG_1794a 

 

Other news:  Austin has taken to going through the stuff in our bathroom.  Here he found my makeup and put on some mascara:

IMG_1786

Even more news:  We’ve (okay, mostly Carlos) been working on the yard.  We’ve leveled out a lot of it (thanks to a Bobcat and our neighbor who drove it for us!) and are almost finished getting the sprinklers in.  Then we need to get some grass so that the boys have somewhere to play that’s not full of weeds or dirt and mud (which they actually love, imagine that!)  We’ve had little helpers that have had to be stripped down before entering the house and then sent directly to the tub!

 IMG_1798 IMG_1799      IMG_1801 IMG_1802      IMG_1806

That’s what we’ve been up to….oh, and laundry!  I’m drowning in it so if any of you have a good system (Andrea), help me out here!

4 comments:

The Woolley's said...

Hurray for Jaiden, I don't blame you for not being able to pick just one. Austin is hilarious! Yipee for progress on the yard!!

Ponczoch Family said...

How exciting for Jaiden! As far as laundry, something that I love (that my mom always did as well) is having a laundry basket for each person. I don't have a shelf or closet near the dryer, so I put them across the top of the washer and dryer and once the clothes are dry I fold them right away and put them in the baskets. Then the girls are in charge of putting their own clothes away. It saves time in the long-run, plus I don't have piles of clothes waiting to be folded (just piles of towels & sheets).

Andrea Brown said...

I have baskets for each of my kids too. The trick is folding the clothes right away (like Kim) Go from dryer to the baskets to the drawers. My kids put their own clothes away too. The most helpful thing I have found is a three way laundry sorter I keep in the laundry room. As soon as they take off their clothes I sort them (no more hampers in their rooms.) That way on laundry day I don't have to sort all the clothes I can just dump them into the wash! I love it! My mom makes fun of me because I like to do laundry. Good luck!

Rachel said...

your boys are so cute!