Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ladies’ Retreat

IMG_1907

We had a wonderful time and I’m ready to go back to the cabin.  Or Florida.  Or Kalamazoo.  Or Southfreaka.  Or wherever. 

We missed everyone that couldn’t make it. 

We went for a couple of really good walks.  Today some of us made it up to the water tower….

IMG_1898

The view was gorgeous, especially with the leaves that were starting to change, like this lone redish tree.

IMG_1882

The wildflowers were pretty.

IMG_1887

Even the dead ones.

IMG_1884

And the piles of firewood that were all over were really cool. 

IMG_1915

Some logs were even hollowed out because they  have been there for a really long time.

IMG_1914     

Mom, Amy, Amber and I all went but we didn’t think to get a picture with all of us…

IMG_1931

Thanks everyone for a great time!

3 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

I didn't go into labor. If Shaun's Grandpa's funeral hadn't been friday, I definitely would have been there. Maybe next year!

The Woolley's said...

ahhhhhh it was so nice to be there. I definitely need to make it earlier next time though, extend the weekend.

Andrea Brown said...

I love visiting southfreaka. It is so rejuvinating:) Your pictures are beautiful, I haven't been to the cabin in ages. I love your blog template. Where did you get it?