Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Progress

We’ve basically finished our front yard for this year, we just need to get the side done where the Jeep is.  Eventually, we will put cement there and make the back accessible for Zach.  For now we’ll just do the gravel.   A landscaper was going to dig it out a little more for us but they never got back to me so now we’re going to find someone else.  Long story.  But it’s driving me nuts!  Anyway, on with the good…

This is what it looked like before we bought it last year:

IMG_7045a

By the time we moved in, the entire yard - front, side and back- was covered in weeds knee high.  There was not even a sprinkler system (this house was built in 2006 and had had people living here…) So I would say that this is progress!

IMG_8789 IMG_8794a  IMG_8791

We still have work to do in the back yard, but some of it (like a shed in that back corner) will come with time.  The kids and their friends have a lot of fun in the sandbox and we’re excited for the trees to grow so we can get some shade in the afternoons.  It gets pretty hot inside with the afternoon sun beating in!  We’ll also get a matching vinyl fence along the back.  And make the backdoor handicap accessible by adding a deck.  And who knows what else!  It’s a good thing we enjoy working in our yard and making it our own.

Yard (21)

Yard (23)

We were really sad to leave our house in Payson but knew it was the right thing to do.  We were blessed with a wonderful neighborhood in Springville that first year after Zach was born and it was where we needed to be.  Now that we’ve been here for just over a year, we love it too.  Our house is perfect for us and our needs and we have some great neighbors too!  

Today was also Zach’s 2nd birthday!  I haven’t posted pictures from Austin’s birthday (back in April) so I’ll do both of them tomorrow!

8 comments:

Sara Ann said...

Wow, that looks so amazing! Good work, and happy birthday cute little Zach. I love to watch him zoom around in his chair at family events!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Awesome! It looks great!

Heidi said...

Oh wow! I love it. Our yard really needs help... Want to come by? Haha!

Maggie said...

Your yard looks great! Great job.

Bethany said...

It's beautiful! I'm glad you're liking your neighborhood too. Even though we're not actually in a neighborhood, the rest of our ward is and I'm learning that a good one makes a huge difference.

Lisa said...

Looks like your good neighbors ;) should put their ugly garbage cans some where else! We really are glad to have you next door!

The Woolley's said...

It looks great you guys!! I can't wait to see it in person.

Jenna said...

Your yard looks amazing!!! It'll be fun once we get a yard we can do stuff like that in!! Happy Birthday Zachy!! I can't believe he is 2!!!