Thursday, June 24, 2010

The big {5}!

Our Jaiden turned 5 this month!  We aren’t into big birthday parties every year but decided that for his 5th year, he could have a party.  He was so excited and wanted Star Wars.  So, we got the stuff and invited cousins and some neighborhood friends.  Grandma came out too.  There were 2o kids including ours!  Carlos works with a guy who gave us a great deal on a jump house so we got that and between the sandbox and the jumping, I think the kids were pretty entertained most of the time….  I was exhausted after it was over!  Thanks everyone who came!  It was lots of fun!

 

Here are some highlights

 IMG_8971IMG_9034    IMG_9021IMG_8995 IMG_9038    IMG_9065

We had started with a Darth Vader pinata but when I saw the receipt a week later (I wasn’t paying attention when Carlos was paying…), I took it back and told them that I thought it was ridiculous to pay that much for something that was going to be smashed apart.  Because it was a licensed product, it cost over twice what the other did.  So we were able to convince Jaiden that we were going to find a much better one and he was thrilled with the dinosaur he picked out.  Call me ornery, call me cheap, but I maintain my opinion!  I’m glad he was happy with what he got!

The wind was blowing too hard to light the candles so he just pretended!

Don’t look too closely at the cake, it was a finished at 2:30 am, fondant didn’t want to cooperate, I really need to practice more, cake.  But I was pleased that the layers worked, it’s the first time I’ve done more than one tier!IMG_9072 IMG_9075    IMG_9076

IMG_9118 IMG_9135

Jaiden also got his first bike for his birthday!  He’s done really well riding it and he even has a bell for it.  He’s such a cutie!  He’s so smart and loves to “talk to me” and help out with washing dishes and making things.  He’s a great big brother and takes extra care of Zach.  We are so proud of him and the great kid he is! 

IMG_9147 IMG_9152    IMG_9156

We love you Jaiden!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh!! He's 5!!! That is so crazy!! He is such a handsome guy!!! It looks like he had a great birthday!! And I think his cake turned out awesome!! That's much better than I can do!! I think Ava is just gonna get cupcakes!!!

Maggie said...

The cake looks awesome!!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

George Lucas needs his cut, too! It's crazy that he's 5 already! But he sure is a handsome little guy, same as his brothers.

Grandma said...

I love the pictures of Jaiden with his cake- he was so pleased! (And it tasted really good too!)

Stephanie said...

Amanda - Thanks for the good laugh at 12:30 am. I read the blog on Zachs birthday and burst out laughing at his duckie cake reaction. You are a darling mother. Good to see you at the reunion.