We ended up going to the ER on Friday night because Zach’s fever just wouldn’t go away after a week. We had been to the doctor earlier in the week but wanted to rule out shunt or other infections. They looked okay but they suctioned out his nose (he didn’t love that) to see what kind of respiratory virus he had. Well, they said they would know yesterday but we didn’t hear from them. I called the hospital this morning because he still had a high fever and was miserable. Turns out the test came back RSV positive. Seriously, I think they could have called to let us know that!
I called his pediatrician to see where he wanted us to go, to the hospital, or InstaCare, or what. He was on-call today and was just leaving the Provo hospital and said that he would meet us at his office in Payson. That was so nice of him! He checked Zach out and said that he was definitely wheezing but wasn’t straining to breath so to just watch him on that. He also found an ear infection (which he didn’t have Friday night but developed one since then) so that explains why he has still had a fever. So we got him on some antibiotics and he already seems to be feeling better.
Poor thing! He’s had a cough and fever since last Saturday night. The other boys are sick now too and we’re hoping it doesn’t turn out to be RSV because Jaiden has a little bit of asthma. I’m finally feeling better today and that’s made a huge difference in being able to deal with everything.
We also got to see my parents for a little, they stopped by on their way home from Richfield. Thanks Mom and Dad!
And thanks, honey, for the yummy chocolates and flowers! Love you!
2 comments:
I'm sorry everyone's sick!
Logan had RSV 2 weeks ago. Nothing serious, but not fun :(.
Last year the same hing happened with Kaylee where we took her into the instacare and they tested her for RSV, but never called us to let us know (so we thought everything was normal on the test). I found out about a week later that she had RSV when a nurse called to see how she was doing.
I hope he gets better soon!
Post a Comment