Sunday, April 19, 2009
What?!?!
There was recently a recall for the type of shunt Zach has because the tube that goes into the ventricles in the brain can become disconnected. They offered a free CT scan to check the shunt. I finally called a couple of weeks ago and they got us in on the 10th. They said the neurosurgeon would call us back in a few days but he actually called barely an hour later, just as we were getting ready to pull out of the garage to head to Vernal for the weekend. He said that of the dozen (or two- I don't remember exactly) scans that they've done, his was the first one to actually be disconnected. So we are meeting with him this Thursday to decide what the best course of action is at this point. We'll just have to wait and see... This is how Zach feels about another possible operation:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Poor poor boy! Keep us updated.
Oh, I'm so sorry. Yeah, keep us updated!
How frustrating!
oh my goodness! well i am glad they caught it...even though that means abother surgery. we'll keep him in our prayers too!
Wow, when it rains for the Wilkey's, it POURS! Zach and the rest of you are definately in our prayers.
That's to bad! I'm sorry. I can't imagine how you must feel about all of this. You didn't really say how you felt in the blog, but I would be scared. You are a very strong lady. I look up to you very much. He'll be in my prayers.
*Hugs*
Post a Comment