Sunday, June 12, 2011

Growing, Growing!

We sadly lost a lot of the pictures from the hospital and when Jaiden was brand new when we were doing some transferring of files.  But I do have a few.  These are mostly from his first few weeks…

Jaiden (2)Jaiden (38)Jaiden (56)Jaiden (85)Jaiden (86)Jaiden (19)

Now, he’s six!  His birthday was on Friday and he was really excited to be six.  Last year, he wanted a Star Wars cake, and the one I did was not really a Star Wars cake, so he has been asking for a “Real” one this year.  He said he just wanted everything that had to do with Star Wars on it, but I (of course) didn’t really start looking at ideas in time to go out and get everything I might need.  So, the night before, we decided to to an R2-D2 cake.  Carlos had the day off, so he was able to help me with some of it and help hold down the fort while I worked on it.  We wanted to use fondant, but the Wilton stuff tastes horrible and the local cake store only had orange.  I haven’t made marshmallow fondant before and didn’t want to try for the first time that day.  So, it’s just with buttercream icing, but I think it still worked okay.  I finally finished just before we had his cake and ice cream, so it was really sad to cut into it!

 IMG_4377

Afterwards, I asked him if he liked it. He said yes, but asked why I didn’t just put lots of Star Wars things on it! Oh well!

IMG_4396

More cousin photos!

IMG_4409IMG_4400

We tried to get a family picture.  This was the 9th try and about the best one!

IMG_4420

This was the inside of the cake.  I used three colors of cake batter and the swirled in a cool way while baking!

IMG_4421

He got some clothes which he badly needed because he’s the oldest and has outgrown everything!  He also got a fun McQueen car, a wallet, some Play-Doh and a Star Wars Lego set.  I think it was a fun day for him!  We love you Jaiden!

IMG_4429IMG_4433IMG_4436

Once again, I’m having a hard time with the video, surprise, surprise!  I’ll get it up when I can get it fixed! 

6 comments:

yekliwadnil said...

What a beautiful baby to such a handsome boy! Love you Jaiden! The cake was amazing too- and with butter cream...very impressive!

The Woolley's said...

The cake looks awesome!! I don't think I knew you had lost those pictures! Sad! Happy Birthday Jaiden! Stop growing up so fast!

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday Jaiden!!! That is an awesome cake!! You do such a great job!! I don't think I have enough patience for something like that!! He is such a handsome boy!!

Sara Ann said...

Um, can you make me a C3P0 cake for my birthday? Thanks:)

Sarah R. said...

Wow Amanda, what a cake! Your children look so cute, its fun to see them grow...we are getting old:) Have a GREAT Day!!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

wow that cake is amazing!!!