Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Thought and a Plan

The other day, the boys were coloring and cutting papers and stuff at the table.  I was trying to finish an important project on the computer.  I also THOUGHT, I should probably put the scissors away now.

I had PLANNED on cutting Austin and Zach’s hair the next morning because they really needed it, especially Zach because his gets all gross in back when it’s too long.  Well, they went off to play and I was finishing my project.  They didn’t sound like they were into things, because they were just normal play sounds, not the really quite or sounds of destruction that accompany disaster at our house.  Then Austin came in and said, Mommy, look, we cut our hair!  Serves me right for not following through on my THOUGHT!  They said that Austin cut Zach’s and Zach cut Austin’s and Jaiden just got a tiny piece cut.  They were totally lying because the next day Jaiden confessed that he did it.

Austin got the worst of it:

IMG_1296

Here, you can see how Zach’s hair gets when it’s long, and you can kind of see where they cut it in the middle.

IMG_1295 

So, I did cut their hair the next day as I had PLANNED, but it was a lot shorter than originally PLANNED!

I was able too keep Zach’s longer on top, but I’m really not very good and around the ears always looks bad.  I need someone to teach me but I’m just not willing to pay someone to cut their hair, because the few times I have, they don’t do much better than I do!  They always use the excuse that you just have to be really fast with kids and that you can’t be too picky!  So I guess that’s my excuse too!  It doesn’t help that because it’s so dark, you can see every little mistake!

But I think he’s still pretty darn cute!

IMG_1300
Austin had to have a much shorter cut!  I had to go all the way down to the #1 guard on the back so that you couldn’t see the cut marks!  It was really sad, because he looks so cute with long hair, it makes him look more like a baby….  But, I must say, he looks like a pretty sharp little boy with the short hair!  At least when it’s fixed…

IMG_1305

And I’d better add this picture, for good measure!

IMG_1307

So….is the moral of the story to always follow through on your THOUGHTS, or to not make PLANS?  Smile

Check out the post below for today’s fun!

4 comments:

The Woolley's said...

I love their new haircuts! I think they look way handsome! Glad it wasn't a lot worse...

Jenna said...

That's too funny!! They do look very handsome with their new haircuts!!

yekliwadnil said...

I agree- handsome boys!

Wish upon a Starr said...

Thank heavens they were boys and they can still look so handsome with the short hair vs if they were girls and had cut off their lovely locks of hair.