Friday, January 7, 2011

A Jaunt, Shoes and un Chiste

We went up to Park City yesterday afternoon to go to the Croc store so we could find some shoes to go over Zach’s new braces.  They can be hard to find for cheap and a lot of the special ones cost $60 and up.  If you know me, I’m NOT willing to pay that much for my own shoes, let alone my kids’!  So, I had been calling all around Utah County and no-one had Crocs for Kids.  The Fashion Place mall has a kiosk but selection is limited and Google said that the distance was about the same from our house up there or to Park City.  And I had talked to the guy in Park City who said that they had a Buy One Get One FREE sale going on.  So we went to Park City.  The boys didn’t want to go but thought we meant “City Park” so they got in the car….

I missed some amazing photos in Provo Canyon and in “City Park” because I’m a dork and forgot my camera. 

We found a couple of pairs for him and a pair for Jaiden and Austin too because they needed shoes as well.  The difference in personalities is so funny.  Austin refused to look at the regular crocs but when he saw a pair that are more like normal shoes, he wanted those and refused to look at anything else.  Jaiden, on the other had only wanted the bright orange or the shark crocs.  He ended up getting the shark ones,  They’re hilarious.  And Zach got a couple of pair, since they’re the only shoes that’s fit him for now, but he will only wear the green ones with the rocket Jibbitz that we got with them.  Funny kids!  I’ll have to take pictures of them…

We ended up eating at an actual Pizza Hut restaurant and it was really fun (except for the fact that you can no longer buy a pitcher of soda, but have to pay for individual cups.  Yeah, I’m cheap.)  Anyway, fun memories are involved with eating aT Pizza Hut.  Remember Cousin’s Week????  And, I did waitress at the one in Logan my first semester as a freshman until they closed it to open a delivery/carry out only place. 

The moon was SO COOL up there and it was fun to see the slopes lit and see little skiers coming down, even at night.

Okay, so onto the Chiste (joke), or at least a funny story…

Jaiden fell asleep on the way home and when he was walking into the house once we were home, he said that his back hurt.  Then we had this conversation with Austin…

IMG_0431

A: My butt is cracking!

Us: HAHAHAHAHA!!!

A: Yeah!  Right here, it’s missing a part!

Us:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

A:  Papi, don’t be SILLY!

Carlos:  It’s missing a part??

A:  See, right here in the middle!

HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

 

I actually wrote it down right then so I would remember it word for word!

4 comments:

yekliwadnil said...

Too funny! I can always count on you to make me laugh with all the goings-on you experience with those darling boys!

The Woolley's said...

jijijijijijijijijijijijijiji! Mine is too, Austin! Oh, no, what are we to do?!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

LOL, oh my heck that is so funny!!! Sounds like you had a fun day!

Maggie said...

Ha ha, made me laugh so hard!