Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, DUMB!

So I feel a little entitled to take some time to post because I really need to rest and don’t want to do anything else and I don’t feel like I have to do anything (because my awesome husband helped me-okay it was mostly by himself-get caught up on the laundry).  So I feel like it’s okay to take time.  Even if it is to tell my sob story.  So if you don’t want to hear-um, read- my whining, it’s time to stop now!  And it may have a little bit of TMI (too much info…) for some….and this is really long…

So why do I need to rest? Because I’m an idiot and though I really, honestly had no control over the things that happened, I feel kind-of stupid.  So here it goes, my stupidity for all to see.  Monday night I went to bed feeling fine.  We have been working in the yard a lot so I was sore but that was it. 

I woke up around two feeling like I needed to throw up.  That doesn’t happen very often to me.  No, I’m not pregnant.  So I went into the bathroom and sat by the toilet waiting for it to happen.  I think I let Carlos know.  The last thing I remember was feeling it coming and then the next thing I know, Carlos is smacking (okay, patting) my cheeks and holding me in a sitting position, trying to get me to wake up.  I had totally blacked out and fell backwards, hitting my head on the wall.  I’ll spare you the other details.  It took me awhile to really come to and Carlos was pretty worried. I got back in bed and a little after seven had to wake up to go potty.  Well, while sitting there (TMI?!?!), I felt like I needed to throw up again.  I reached for the garbage and the next thing I knew, Carlos was patting me again.  Only this time I fell head first onto our ceramic tiles.  Lovely. 

He let me go back to bed for a little while then got his sister to come pick up the boys and took me to Insta Care.  They wouldn’t see me and said  we had to go to the ER.  So off we went.  5 1/2 hours, an EKG, blood work, head CT scan and chest CT scan later, they let us go and couldn’t find anything.  They did want me to follow up with a nuerologist though, so I have an appointment for that.  Carlos and the ER doctor suspect it might be something to do with the Vagus Nerve…I don’t know. 

I had some scratches on my forehead and my chin hurt when we first went to the ER but by the time we got home, my forehead was starting to swell.  It was really quite large and unsightly!  The swelling has gone down some today, so now it looks more like a sideways goose egg instead of the sideways ostrich egg that it did yesterday.  My chin is a little bruised but it’s mostly my forehead that’s really sore.  I slept/rested most of the day away yesterday and have been pretty useless today.  My neck has also become more and more sore as the day has progressed, it’s probably whiplash!

Carlos couldn’t work in the yard yesterday because of me and needing to watch the kids and because of the rain so that’s why he helped with the laundry (and it was driving him nuts!).  It’s so nice to have it all done!  Once the weather cleared up this afternoon and he felt like I was okay, he went out and put in the pavers for our little patio that we were putting out front.  He did a great job!  I’m really excited because that was one thing I was sad about with this house (as much as I love it), was that it didn’t have a front porch.  So now I have a place to hang out on hot summer afternoons and can watch the kids playing out front.

So, here’s our little front porch/patio:

IMG_8223a IMG_8219a We still have a lot of work to do around the patio but we’re slowly getting things done.  And if it weren’t for me (and the rain…) we would have done a lot more yesterday.  We got the flag put up a few weeks ago and that was exciting!

Well, I’m done for the night.  No more posts because my neck is hurting from holding my head up.  And I’ve taken up a lot more of your time than you had planned!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for what you are dealing with. I hope you are doing ok. Keep us updated! Oh, and I love your porch!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

holy cow, that's crazy! I hope you get feeling better!

Jenna said...

That's awful!! I hope you feel better!! But the porch looks way awesome!!

The Woolley's said...

I'm sorry you look like your husband beats you....jk! Great job Carlos! The pavers look great, do you hire out...for free ;D We want to do basically the same thing in front of our house too! The flag pole is awesome as well. Thanks for the update.

Rhitzclan said...

Wow the pavers look awesome! And how bizarre is that story!?! I'm sorry! Hope you get feeling better soon. =)

Maggie said...

Wow, I'm sorry! I hope you are feeling better. Your house looks awesome.

Damaris said...

wow. I'm sorry. btw, that is not dumb at all. Hopefully it won't happen again, and the bruise goes away soon.
Nice work on the porch!