I'm so excited that strawberries are starting to be affordable. I love them but I'm too cheap to buy them when they're expensive.
I've been reading a lot of food blogs and have tried a lot of new things. I know this idea probably isn't original at all, but I had fun and it was yummy.
Instead of dipping strawberries in chocolate, I used a huller to scoop out the inside, melted some chocolate chips, and had a chocolate filled strawberry.
I think I would use a different chocolate next time and I don't know if the juice inside would allow it to set up very well. Of course I didn't wait for it to set up, I just started eating! The chocolate did squeeze out of the top when I tried to bite it so it would probably be better if it were set.
If anyone has done this before or has ideas on how to make it better, let me know 'cuz I love strawberries and I LOVE chocolate!
.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Yum! I've never heard of that. I'm definitely going to have to try it. I wonder if drying off the inside before putting in the chocolate would work and using chocolate bark. I'd think it would set up that way, but I'm not sure.
Oh my goodness! That looks so good! We are going to have to try that!
Nice. I love any idea that involves strawberries and chocolate together. =)
I have a great idea to make them work better! Share them with me next time. :-)
I made Creme Brulee awhile ago for a dinner & then hulled out the strawberries & filled them with the custard - yummers!
I am going to have to try your chocolate strawberries for sure :)
That looks soooo good!! You should try it with raspberries too. Not a very big whole to fill, but that would also be awesome!!
Post a Comment