Tuesday, March 10, 2009

By the light (not the dark, but the light) of the Silvery Moon

Last night was another of my late nights and when I went down to finish loading the dishwasher at 2:00 am, I looked outside at the deck and just had to get a picture. The full moon and the fresh snow made a beautiful combination.

So when Carlos got home at 2:30 am, he found me out on the deck in my pj's, a coat and boots, my camera and tripod.



This is the mountain behind our house.


This is looking to the west, the tree was illuminated by the neighbor's porch lights.


What's funny is that as I was setting up, my neighbor came outside to get something out of his car. I guess I'm not the only night owl around here.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful photos. I love the lighting and detail, yet you can still see the stars.

We have lots of late nights around here too. Unfortunately I am not out taking beautiful photos, but am usually working.

Amanda said...

About the only time we can get anything done is after the kids are in bed!