We had wanted to go out to Vernal on Wednesday night but Carlos had to work so we left at about 5:45 on Thursday morning. Why so early when it's only 2 1/2 hours away? Dad had to leave for work between 9:30 and 10:00 and we really wanted to see him, especially since he was going to miss Thanksgiving dinner and be gone the entire time we were there. Every time we travel late at night or early morning I'm reminded why I like traveling at those times: NO TRAFFIC! We made really good time and I think met a total of four cars driving the same direction as us! Anyway...
We had a fun time and a great meal. We had to leave Saturday morning because Carlos had to work Saturday too. He had been assigned mandatory overtime and they can't call in to not work the day before or after a holiday or they don't get paid for the holiday.
Here are some of the pics from the trip:
Vernal has a Holly Days Festival on Friday with tons of free activities throughout the community. We went to a few and though we didn't do everything we planned (due to unhappy kids), I thought it was fun. Unfortunately I thought my camera battery had died, so I didn't get anymore pics that night. I need to get them from Mom and Amy (hint, hint).
Austin got a nasty bump on his head when he was pushed down and slammed his head into the edge of a door frame. So sad!
Before and After
And that's about all folks!
2 comments:
Your kids are so cute - and that is no matter what they do! :)
That is a nasty goose egg!! Poor guy, but such is the life of a little boy. My boy is top heavy, so whenever he falls it seems to be his head that breaks the fall. Sometimes it looks like I beat him. I can't wait till his body grows into his head. Maybe he won't fall so much.
Post a Comment