So, here's the rest of the story:
The cleaner came on Monday and had to tear up the carpet to check out the damage. It was smelling pretty nasty by then. He ended up having to cut out the section of padding underneath the carpet in the area by where the couch was. The wood underneath was wet. He cleaned the wood and the carpet backing and all of the carpet. He didn't have the right size of padding so he came back the next day to put it in and he sprayed some more stuff to help remove the odor. It still smells a little. I think that if it were summer, I could open the windows and let it air out and it would be okay. But since we have several inches of snow on the ground, that's not really an option right now. It's not tooooo bad, but hopefully we don't have to replace the carpet.
Here you can see the indent of where the padding is cut out.
So, a few days later, Carlos gave Jaiden a gallon of milk and said, "Here, go dump this out. I give you permission." To which Jaiden replied something like, "No, Papi, NO! Mommy angry!" Ya think!?!
Oh, the fun! I think I'm going to save the pictures and the receipts for future purposes......hmmm.....
I also re-arranged the furniture. It's makes the living room smaller with the couch that way, but it's actually nice and cozy, so I like it.
1 comment:
every time I see/hear anything about this I just shake my head in sorrow for you, but with a slight chuckle showing that I'm glad it's not me, at least yet anyway, and hopefully wont be either.
Post a Comment