While preparing the relish tray for Thanksgiving, I began to reflect on Thanksgivings past and as I thought about what was missing from the tray, I came up with a little song. Anyone who went to the Stewart's for Thanksgiving can identify with me.
Sung to the tune of "O Christmas Tree"
O Dilly Bean, O dilly bean. Oh how we miss our dilly bean.
O Dilly Bean, O dilly bean, Oh how we miss your sour green.
You once were part of our great feast.
But now you're gone. No more. You've ceased.
O dilly bean, O dilly bean. Oh how we loved our dilly beans.
Maybe I was just trying to entertain myself during the monotony of relish dish preparation!
4 comments:
I love your song, that's hilarious!
Seriously the $30 that my mom paid for that jar of dilly beans at the family reunion was totally worth it!
AMEN! David doesn't like them, bah! I guess it's something you have to grow up on!
I found you through my sister's blog page. I hope that you don't mind me taking a peek, at your blog. You have 3 very beautiful boys, and make a beautiful family! Feel free to look me up, by the way, I love your back drop! Visit me at melandkevin.blogspot.com
Take care!!
Melanie (Mansfield) Starr
Post a Comment