A couple of months ago Jaiden started really paying attention when I was putting on my makeup. He thought it was funny that I was painting my eyes. He also says "Ouch, mommy, ojo (eye)" when I use an eyelash curler. I figured that it wouldn't be long before he tried to put some on and sure enough, only a couple of days later he got into my mascara.
Austin is on the brink of walking, he'll take four or five steps before throwing himself at us. He gets so excited that he's laughing and falls down. Sometimes he'll just stand up for a while and then clap and say "bravo!" before taking a few steps. It's so cute. It's fun to see Jaiden try to get him to walk. He'll call him with his arms out, saying "AuSTEEN, venga, venga." After we've been doing it for a while, Jaiden will stand on his toes, put his arms out, and take a few steps like Austin then throw himself into Carlos' or my arms. It's pretty funny.
We stayed at Amber and Dave's on Saturday night to go to a cousin's farewell early Sunday morning. Mom and Amy stayed too. Jaiden had so much fun with Anna and Grandma. Every time we went somewhere, he always knew Grandma was in the other car and going to the same place. When we left Salt Lake to come home, he didn't cry and I was really glad. It didn't click as to why until we got home and the garage door started closing. Jaiden realized that Grandma wasn't with us and he lost it. It was a major fit and it took Carlos a long time to calm him down. All day long he kept crying for Grandma and every time he heard a car he would run to the window calling her name. It was pretty sad. We called her later on and that seemed to help. He sure loves his grandma!
1 comment:
Oh, I just love grandmas!
Post a Comment