The package that we got included a Premium Character Dining Experience, so what better way to start off the trip than breakfast at 7:30 a.m. on the first day?! We went to Disney’s PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) Grill for a buffet and some fun pictures with Disney Characters dressed in beach garb. Stitch was here too but I didn’t get a good picture of him… Austin, who had been SO excited to see Mickey Mouse and his house, was terrified as soon as we walked in the restaurant and refused to get close to any of them the entire trip. I think he maybe enjoyed them from afar. So he got a red balloon that meant “don’t come to our table” and we took Jaiden and Zach around to see the characters. Zach didn’t want to get too close at first, but he was fascinated and eventually warmed up.
There was a great selection of food, including custom made omelets while you watched. I think I may have learned some tricks! Zach was mad here because he wanted to go see someone, not sit and eat.
Ah, the flowers!
We walked through Downtown Disney to get to the park entrance. Jaiden literally jumping for joy as this cool fountain spouted water.
Zach and Austin thought the fountain was pretty cool too!
We brought Zach’s wheelchair and got a pass to use the stroller as a wheelchair because of Austin’s broken leg. We did get to go to the front of most lines, which was very nice, and most of the ‘Cast Members’ were very accommodating. People kept telling Austin he’d lost a shoe, and then they’d realize his leg was broken! There was a little bit of a drizzle the first morning but it was mostly a mist and didn’t last too long.
We had to wait a while to get in because we had tickets to get into Toontown an hour before it opened but I didn’t realize that it doesn’t open until 11:00, so we really couldn’t get into the park until the normal opening time of 10:00 and then go straight to Toontown. We were first in line at our gate though!
“The” red balloon escaped and the boys were devastated. Carlos thought it was pretty funny. We attracted quite a lot of attention and an employee came over and talked to them through the gate and gave us a coupon for a free double balloon that day. We could never find a balloon stand though and ended up not getting one. It was a really nice gesture though!
Waiting on Main Street to get into the park…
We went straight to Toontown and though their little show was cancelled because of the rain, all of the characters were out greeting everyone, which I guess they don’t always do. Austin and Grandma just pretty much hung out in the town square while we got pictures and went into their houses.
Except in this picture, where I was mean mom!
My Cute boys:
We made the mistake of going on the Roger Rabbit ride as our very first one and it was really dark and loud with a lot of jostling around. It scared Austin and Zach and so they were scared on It’s a Small World too! Once Zach got over it, he told what to take pictures of, but Austin covered his ears most of the time!
Next, we went to the Jedi Training Academy because Jaiden LOVES Star Wars, even though he’s never seen it! I thought he would want to participate but didn’t want to. They invited Austin, who was in the chair, but he didn’t want to. Once they had chosen everyone, Zach did want to but it was too late!
Remember Austin, the child who refused to come close to any cartoon character the entire trip??? Well, apparently, Darth Mal (??) isn’t frightening at all and is really quite fascinating.
After that, we did the rides in Tomorrow Land…
Zach fell asleep….
and we grabbed some lunch at the pizza something or other since we didn’t make it to the store for lunch stuff the day before….
We caught a ride on the Astro Orbiter (all except Grandma and Austin)…
Then headed out of the park, which took another hour or so while we looked for balloons, got Mouse Ears, the boys chose something with the money from Grandpa and Grandma, and got pictures with other characters…
From there we went to California Adventure for the rest of the day, but I’ll do that in another post tomorrow!
5 comments:
Looks like you had tons of fun! I enjoyed reading all of it! Excited for the next post!
That wasn't overly detailed! It was great to read it all, and I can't wait for the rest!
I love the picture of the kids crying while Carlos cracks up in the background! Fun pictures I too can't wait to see more:)
Awesome post. I enjoyed reading it! It makes me want to go though!
How fun! That's awesome that your mom got to go with you guys!
Post a Comment