Sunday, October 17, 2010

Richard’s Gap, part 3

So, like I mentioned, there was a lot of shooting going on.  We had a lot of fun, and extreme safety precautions are always used.  The kids really enjoyed shooting the little rifle that Grandpa had.  I actually liked it best, too. 

IMG_1868 IMG_1873

The girls all had a competition with the shotguns.  Man, do they have a kick.  Especially if you pull both triggers at the same time, shooting out of both barrels.  I didn’t do it, but others did.  And you don’t have a chance at hitting the disk thing (um, what’s it called?…) with Kelly in the line. She’s good.  Really good.  At least we tried!   

 

IMG_1913 IMG_1922

The guys all shot too, and did well.  Wait, I think that’s Kelly shooting with them in this picture too.  And she probably hit a lot of the disks there.  She’s really good.

IMG_1915 IMG_1924

These are the targets dad had set up for shooting with the rifles they were flat when we started…  I didn’t do too bad myself, if I do say so.  And Austin just liked wearing the earplugs, even when he didn’t need to.  Zach did too.  I found some a couple of weeks ago and they each went around with one in one ear for a while.  I thought it was pretty cute.

 IMG_1909IMG_1878

3 comments:

yekliwadnil said...

So glad you've posted all these memories. Thanks!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

that's awesome...i love the pic of all the girls shooting! i think they were clay pigeons you were shooting

Amanda said...

You're right Aubrey. I'm a dork.