Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Richard’s Gap, part 2

After the rocks, we stopped at another favorite hang-out spot.  Red Creek.  Or Crick.  It rarely has more water in it than what you see and it’s mostly mud.  The kids had a blast and so, I must say, did the adults.  You stand on the mud and it wiggles like Jello and you slowly start to sink until you hit solid ground.  It’s usually only a few inches, but I remember as a kid finding spots where I could get almost up to my knees.  The fact that I was even shorter then is irrelevant.  Oh, the mud.  Oh, the glory!

 

IMG_1807 IMG_1813  IMG_1835

Everyone is actually sunk down in here.  It’s so cool!

IMG_1823

  IMG_1842 IMG_1849 IMG_1851

 IMG_1852

 IMG_1837

And then it’s time for a nap!

IMG_1858

This is what I feel like doing too, and I hope to be in bed sooner than later tonight!

More tomorrow…I know that the suspense is too much to bear!

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

I just loved coming to visit you guys when you lived there! Now that I am an adult I realize how saintly your parent were to have us all come, holy cow! It must have been absolutely crazy! But wow, great memories:)