Carlos helped the boys make the cake for my birthday. They baked it on Tuesday night and I helped them make the frosting. They made a carrot cake so I did cream cheese frosting. They wanted to color it and we let them choose. They chose purple and black! It was pretty late so we said we’d decorate it in the morning.
I had told Carlos that I wanted to sleep for my B-day but I woke up at 6:15 and was wide awake! I finally got up and folded some laundry and blogged. At 8:00, the kids were still asleep (wow) and I was tired so I went back to bed. They let me sleep until 9:30. Not that I really slept that well but it was nice to know I could! I could hear them talking a lot about the cake which they were decorating at that point.
When I got up, Jaiden came and sang happy birthday in the sweetest voice. It was so cute! Austin told me happy birthday too and Zach was just cute. They gave me some cards and then we did the cake. So we had cake and milk for breakfast! Hey, it was my birthday!
This is the cute, cute cake that they made:
They had baked it in a 9 x 13 pan but then Jaiden wanted a circle cake because “mommy always makes circle cakes”, but when they tried to get it out of the pan, a lot of it crumbled. Carlos said it was decorated 98% by them. I did have to correct the numbers (am I really admitting this?!?!) because they originally had a number 3 and a regular candle to make 31. Sadly, I had to tell them I was actually 32!
It was so much fun and they were so cute singing happy birthday over and over. Jaiden even sang it in Spanish for me!
Carlos had to work but the boys and I finished the day with a Peanut Butter Cup Perfection ice cream in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl from Cold Stone. So yummy!
4 comments:
Oh my word, that is so darling. What a fun memory for your family!
How fun is that!!! What sweet boys!! I love eating cake, or brownies, or cookies for breakfast!! Because hey, at least you had milk right!! Happy Birthday again!!
hehehe, so cute. I was thinking, 'where did the one candle go' but then you explained.
That's so sweet. What a fun memory for all.
Post a Comment