Thursday, July 15, 2010

Don’t Play with Matches

IMG_0784

This is what we found the other day when I went to check on the boys, who were playing with their friend in the backyard.  We had been cleaning the garage.  I went out and they were by the corn so I thought they were getting into it…Jaiden went running as soon as he heard me and I saw the box of matches in his hand, then found unlit ones in the grass and in the sandbox.  This is where they put all of the ones they had lit.  We’re still not sure as to how they knew how to strike a match but some more information has come out since then….we’ll see.  Talking with others, we’ve come to the conclusion that it must be a boy thing and that they are all basically pyros!

Needless to say, all of the boys got a good talking to.  I did have to sneak in a picture though…

4 comments:

Sara Ann said...

OH my word! I am scared to have boys!

Jenna said...

Oh my heck!! That is kinda funny but kinda scary all at the same time!! My mom was always afraid that she'd come home and find our house burnt to the ground!!

The Woolley's said...

And I'm worried about unwanted haircuts! aaahhhhhhh!

Rhitzclan said...

It's definitely a boy thing. We try to allow Hunter to have his "outlet" with fire in a supervised setting. For example- the 4th of July was a dream come true (for him) when we gave him one of those grill lighters and let him help light the fireworks. After a good safety talk of course. =)