Monday, November 30, 2009

A Few Random Comments for People Who will Probably Never Read this Blog

Dear Self-Proclaimed Shopping Cart Enforcement Mother and Son at Wal-Mart,

I'm sorry that I lost my temper after you rudely asked me to move the cart that I had placed in between the cars because there wasn't a shopping cart storage thing anywhere close to where we were. Even after you saw me look for one and even after you saw me struggling with my flailing four year old for nearly ten minutes just trying to get him into his carseat because he was going balistic (for the FOURTH time in Wal-Mart), this particular incident because he wanted to sign HIS name at the checkout. I guess that your sitting in your car for several minutes and just watching me wasn't enough for you, you just had to see if you could push that last button by having your 12 year old tell me to move the cart and then allow him to make disrespectful faces and gestures and you make them yourself when I told him that he could move it himself. Well, it worked. You pushed that last button. So, I'm sorry that I lost my temper. Kind-of.


Dear Kind Lady in the Home Depot Parking Lot:

Thank you for kindly taking my cart and putting it away so that I could "take care of my kids." I will always remember that.

Dear Repulsively Cocky Guy at the Gym:

Seriously, if you feel the need to "flirt" with a cute girl on the bike next to you, please keep your voice down so that everyone within a 15 foot radius can't hear very clearly all that you are saying, even over the noise of the machines and weights. Especially when the conversation consists of your detailed description of the circumference of your waist and thighs and what size of pants you had to buy to get them over your thighs. Or your 8000 calorie diet that you were one, down to the details of each meal. Or anything else promoting your self and your muscles. Maybe she was enthralled with your monologue but I was disgusted. Thanks.

6 comments:

Wish upon a Starr said...

Did this happen all in one day? I am so sorry if it did. Did you tell that lady off? I know we should try to be the "bigger" person, but holy smokes!!! Nothing like the Christmas spirit already creeping in. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

Amanda said...

No, it all happened on different days but I've wanted to write this for a while. I'm afraid I really did lose it with that lady and her kid. Today really wasn't a bad day, I was just putting down some of my thoughts on recent situations! Thanks!

Sara Ann said...

That is soooo funny. I hate rude people who pass there bad behavior onto their kids! And that lady at Home Depot will get major blessings. And the guy and the gym, gross. Seriously who wants to hear that (probably not that poor girl!) haha:)

Brooke Bennett said...

Thanks for posting this! I would've let that lady and her kid have it too! The nerve of some people.

Andrea Brown said...

All I have to say is people are so dumb! Oh and I love your new family picture, what a beautiful family:)

Rhitzclan said...

OK Amanada. That was stinking hilarious! Thanks for brightening my day! Wish I could've been there when you lost it with that kid- Ha!