Friday, February 20, 2009

A very sad story

I'm having trouble uploading my pictures so the other posts I was going to write will have to wait. But that's not the sad story. This is:

Once upon a time there was a girl who really, really liked chips and salsa. She liked it so much that it could be called an addiction. She ate it all the time while growing up and even after moving out and living on her own her mother still gave her some. After being married a few years, the girl, now grown up of course, needed to start making it on her own and actually did for a couple of years. But then she was either pregnant or recovering from pregnancy for over two years and just didn't have the gumption to make the beloved salsa. She tried many a store-bought brand but nothing would suffice. The only thing that was just as good, albeit in a different way, was an aunt's fresh salsa recipe, but that meant making it everytime she wanted salsa. Well, a kind mother would occassionally give her some jars of salsa and she was able to make them last and satisfy her cravings.
Then she started to crave it more and her great mother gave her three jars of salsa. Then the salsa ran out a few days ago and the cravings have been very strong, especially late at night. So the now-grown-up girl is sitting here typing this post while just imagining the delicious taste of the salsa as all of it's flavors merge with the tortilla chip and create an oh-so-satisfying feast for her tongue.
The end.
(No, Mom, I'm not saying you should give me all of your salsa, just commenting on my current predicament, feeling sorry for myself, and looking forward to making some this year.)

6 comments:

The Woolley's said...

hahahaha...although I too love Mom's salsa, I'm not quite as addicted as you. But now that you mention it, it does sound really good right now.

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

haha, i love homemade salsa as well! you are making me crave it now... :)

Brooke Bennett said...

Mmmmmm..... Homemade salsa! Dang it! Now I've got the craving!

Leah's Notes said...

Homemade salsa, YUM! Try it with Tostitos hint of Lime chips. They will make the whoe experience ever more addicting.

Kboigirl said...

It was hard to keep the tears out of my eyes. So sad, so sad...

Unknown said...

yeah, Mom's salsa is the best. It's been a while since I've had some.