Zach started pool therapy today. It is an added on service through the Early Intervention program in our area, Kids Who Count. The therapist is the same physical therapist that comes to our house. We have to go to Payson though because that's where she is able to use a pool. It's in the brand new physical therapy and rehab area of the hospital down there.
I'm really excited and hope that it will help him strengthen his trunk so that he will start to sit unsupported. I think it will also help strengthen his arms so that he will support himself more when on his tummy and try and lift up more and not just lie there like he likes to do.
I was a little nervous sometimes because she gets his face right by the water so that he will pull up and learn to not just "flop" down and not try to do anything. He wasn't very impressed as you can see in some of the pictures. He actually wasn't too happy at all to start and really didn't like the half-ball thing but was happy most of the time on the board unless he got too close to the water!

9 comments:
What a doll! Some of his faces are so funny!
That is too dang cute! Sweet, sweet boy! I hope this really does do all that you hope! Love it!
That's great that this could help with those things! Hope he starts liking ALL of it! He's so cute!
I will say it again, he is such a beautiful baby!! How great to have so many resources to help him, it's great!
I am interested in donating to your walk, is it per mile, or for the whole thing?
Those are some cute photos! I hope it will help him get stronger too!
He is so cute! What a great program. And that's really nice that the therapist is the same one that already knows him and he knows her. That's got to be helpful.
I love those pics, even the ones where he is so upset! That's a cool program!
What a beautiful little child. I am so happy to see you have Early Intervention working for your family. I love that program.
Post a Comment