Thursday, March 3, 2011

California Adventure, Day 2

See, I’m already forgetting little details! 

We saw Lightning McQueen and Mater right when we got into California Adventure, that was a fun surprise!

IMG_2253IMG_2256

And then Minnie Mouse the Aviator was there too!  So we got a couple of really fun pics!  Once again, Austin didn’t want to be in the photo with Minnie! Smile

IMG_2264

       IMG_2266

Then Carlos, Jaiden and I went on the Grizzly River Rapids.  I really didn’t want to get wet but I didn’t want to miss out either.  The other two boys weren’t tall enough so Grandma stayed with them and they watched everyone as they came around a corner on the rafts and some of them got sprayed with the geyser.  We were one of those rafts!  This picture is one I took after the ride, but we got it both just before and just after we passed it!  Luckily, I didn’t sit on the edge and Carlos had taken off his outer shirt to let me put over myself to help keep me drier.  He and Jaiden got pretty wet though and it took quite a while for his t-shirt to dry because, well, it wasn’t middle of the summer weather! 

             IMG_2270

IMG_2269

Then we went over to Bug’s Land (after we picked up our lanyards and trading pins that came with the package…yay!).  We started with the show “It’s Tough to be a Bug”  It was really scary for the little kids and Grandma and I held Austin and Zach the whole time and covered their eyes and ears!  Then we did some of the rides in Bug’s Land, Zach fell asleep so he didn’t go on all of them.

IMG_2280    IMG_2282IMG_2302    IMG_2307IMG_2295    IMG_2298

I specifically didn’t go on this ride so that I could get some pictures of them but they all ended up sitting in a “box” on the other side of the pillar and when they were in the air, all I could see was the top of their heads!

              IMG_2314

              IMG_2320

              IMG_2322

Carlos and I then went on the Tower of Terror.  Jaiden was tall enough, but I’m glad that we decided not to take him.  I think he may have actually liked the falling and stuff, but it the story and other stuff would have scared him.  I’ve never wanted to go on it, but, once again, didn’t want to miss out.  So I went, and I actually really liked it.  The drops weren’t AS extreme as I thought they would be.

While we were gone, I guess that a bunch of toy soldiers and other Pixar characters marched by the kids, but it’s too hard to juggle all three of them and a camera, so Grandma didn’t get any pictures of them.

We are a…..

                            IMG_2329

Love the flowers:

               IMG_2341

Again, they were doing a lot of construction, but at least the barriers were fun!

              IMG_2343

We had passes to return to the wheelchair entrance for the Toy Story Mania in 30 minutes so we decided to go on Mickey’s Fun Wheel again, but went on the non-swinging ones because the line was shorter and you do get to go up higher in those.  Jaiden wasn’t happy about that decision:

IMG_2347

When we were done, he said, “Okay, I DO like this one too!”  It was a really pretty view from up there!  Carlos was a bit nervous, though…

IMG_2356IMG_2357IMG_2351IMG_2355

You could see the set up for the World of Color down below.  Amazing how they make it all work.  There was a guy walking out on one of the platforms earlier, probably checking component!

                        IMG_2353

We then ran back to Toy Story Mania.  Zach didn’t want to go on it again, but this time he figured out how to shoot better and had a fun time. This was before we went in!

IMG_2360

Then we went back to Disneyland and got our picture in front of the flowers:

IMG_2371

IMG_2375

We then took the train that goes all the way around the park, and got to go as all the lights were coming on again.  I had never been on it and had no idea that they had the little dinosaur and Grand Canyon scenes in the buildings towards the end.  Very interesting!  I was having issues with my camera because I’m a dork and so most of the  pictures on the train didn’t turn out that great.  But they are part of the story, and the subjects are way cute!

IMG_2377

IMG_2378

IMG_2405IMG_2387IMG_2389 IMG_2391IMG_2423IMG_2440

It was nice that we didn’t have to go clear back into the park but got to see all of it!

Austin playing with Zach’s toy:

IMG_2441

Jaiden buying a Donald Duck Pez:

IMG_2446

Then we went out and had dinner at the McDonald’s just outside of the park.  There was hardly anyone there when we were ordering but just as we sat down, a TON of people came in.  We sure timed it just right!

We got the boys to bed pretty early and even Grandma and Carlos were asleep by 9:00!  It took me a little longer, but it was great!

Just one of the many details that make Disneyland so fun!

IMG_2451

Still one more day to come!

2 comments:

yekliwadnil said...

This is great reliving our fun time- thanks! I especially like Zach's look just before Toy Story Mania.

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Fun pics! That's cool that you would do everything so you wouldn't miss out!