Monday, December 6, 2010

Extreme Makeover- Gingerbread House Edition

Jaiden really wanted to make a gingerbread house so I bought---- Gingerbread Graham Crackers!--- and we made them the other day.  He begged me to eat them right then but I talked him into waiting until after Carlos had seen them the next day.

The busy builders:

 IMG_0716 IMG_0717 IMG_0721IMG_0728

After school the next day, I said they could eat them.  Of course, the best part is tearing them apart!  And that is one of their favorite parts of Extreme Makeover, Home Edition!  After awhile, I went over and this is basically what I found.  I did move some of the broken pieces to fit better in the picture, but nothing else!

IMG_0736

I’m not exaggerating when I say this “project kept them entertained for over an hour!  And as long as they kept it in that area of the kitchen, I didn’t care.  Even though it was ALL OVER, I just pulled out the vacuum and hose when they were done! 

IMG_0738 IMG_0739 IMG_0740

Zach missed out because he fell asleep eating his lunch and I put him down for his nap.

IMG_0737

So, this is Before the After!:

IMG_0730

Obviously, my house needed some serious fixing!  The windows aren’t even straight!  Too bad they didn’t build me a mini mansion as a replacement!

2 comments:

yekliwadnil said...

What a fun time for everyone! They look so intent on their work.Good memories!:-)

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

How cool! You are such a fun mom!