Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Broken Heart

Jaiden (names have been changed to protect privacy--oh, wait, no they haven't) was painting this evening and doing a great job. He is very creative and starting to pay attention to a lot of details. I went to put Zachy into bed when I heard a big, "Oh, no!" and went to see what was going on. There was red and blue paint on the wall and Jaiden was desperately trying to wipe it up with his little napkin. He was mostly just spreading it out. I got a wash cloth and together we started cleaning. I asked why it was on the wall and he said that he threw it. I don't have a clue how he did it. So as we were talking, he said, "Mommy, I'm really, really sorry. I broke your heart."

Wow, I thought. Where did he learn to say that? I was actually touched. Then he proceeded to tell me again that he was sorry because he broke my heart. Which heart? The one I had painted on a piece of paper was broken into pieces. And he was sorry because he broke the doggy too. Crazy boy!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That is still just so funny!! He makes me laugh!!