This is really long but I need to start writing down the things the kids say and do and I don't keep a journal (Gasp!) so this has got to be it. It's actually got some really cute things Jaiden has said.
I usually sing some songs to-or with-Jaiden while he's in (currently our bed-don't ask) before he goes to sleep. He loves Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Lump (from a My Friends, Tigger and Pooh show). We also frequently sing Heavenly Father, Are You Really There? and I am a Child of God.
Tonight's request was Happy Birthday. He loves to sing the song and give pretend presents (or pillows wrapped in blankets as presents) and pretend cakes. So we sang Happy Birthday individually to Anna, Mariah, Daniela, Jaiden, Brent, ????, Connor, Spiderman, Superheros, Doggie and Brent (again), in that order.
The other night we tried to get him to sleep in his own bed. He didn't want to and so I said he could sleep in his bed or on our floor. He chose our floor. Not long after I went downstairs, he was calling me. He said that his back hurt. I asked why and he said a bug "bite" me. I looked and didn't see anything so then he said that it was in his ear. I looked and said, nope, nothing there. He then proceeded to show me a nostril and said the bug was there. Upon declaring it bug free, he showed me the other nostril. All clear. He still ended up in our bed. I've just been too exhausted physically and mentally to fight him. I know I need to just buck up and do it but after a long day and getting all of the boys to bed by myself I just don't have it in me.
Today he found a cake mix that I had out and was determined to make it. I told him that after lunch we could make it. Well, Zach started to demand a diaper change, feeding and nap, so I had to take care of that. As I was feeding Zach I could hear it get awfully quiet. I could only imagine what was going on. Luckily Austin was napping so the damage would at least be limited to what Jaiden could do on his own. Don't doubt his abilities though. He is quiet capable of major catastrophes all by himself. When I got downstairs again, this is what I found:
Okay, so he didn't have the eggs out yet, but he was mixing the cake mix. He had even added the pudding that I had taken out of the cupboard to add to it.
Here he is carefully filling the mini-cupcake/muffin pan. He really did his best to be very careful.
The filled pan. He later filled every one to overflowing and we had to scrape some off. I don't know why I didn't get a picture after they were baked...maybe because the camera batteries were dying, and I forgot.
Even though it was messy, it was so cute and he had a lot of fun making the "birthday cake." He was already so dirty by the time I got there that I didn't bother putting his apron on. Just one more thing to wash.
This was yesterday when I went to make lunch. No, I can't leave him alone ever. Oh well.
He was making this face on purpose. Maybe he's trying to look tough?
And yes, he is still in his pj's even though it's lunch time.
Also, last month was our Primary program and after the first song the kids sang, Jaiden stood up, clapping, and said "Bravo!" Later that day we went visiting teaching and the sister we visit said that was her favorite part. I agree.
4 comments:
Haha! He is cute mixing the cake up and being "careful". That is nice of you to help him finish it up. Good luck keeping up with him!
What is on his forehead? Marker? What a kid, that is great he knew what to do to start making the cake!
Oh boy, what a handful of boys! I don't think you need to feel bad about him sleeping in your bed or wearing pajamas till noon. They are healthy and happy and that is what matters:) ♥
What a beautiful family you've got!! I was excited to find you on Facebook, and then to be able to see your blog! Come check us out at thomasandamber.blogspot.com
Post a Comment