Friday, November 4, 2011

A Halloween Pumpkin Pickin’ Party

 

As is tradition, we headed out to Grandma and Grandpa’s for some pumpkin pickin’.  The kids all had a great time choosing the one they wanted.

collage2Collage1Collage3

We then got all dressed up to have us a little party.

Collage4

 

The kids had to eat a marshmallow from a string, while sitting or kneeling, with no hands.  It was supposed to make it more fair for Zach, but he got mad at the beginning because he couldn’t grab the string and so he didn’t want to play anyway!  IMG_8604aCollage5

There was a scavenger hunt with lots of fun prizes!

Collage6

 

Is this not the funniest thing ever!  What a cutie!

Collage10

 

Then they had a silly string fight.  EVERYONE loved it!

Collage7

 

Grandpa grilled some YUMMY food, and we had a great dinner.

Collage8

 

Then we hung out around the campfire (quite close to it, or we were freezing) and had homemade sweet potato donuts and hot apple cider.  Thanks Mom and Amy for making them!

Collage9

This is such a fun tradition, one I hope we’ll be able to carry on and continue creating great memories for our children.  I treasure the memories of fun traditions from when I was a child, especially ones involving cousins.

2 comments:

yekliwadnil said...

Now, How fun was that?! We had such a great time and I almost cried reliving all the fun through these pictures- Thanks! Love you!

Rachel said...

That is such a fun tradition. And I agree with you, some of my best memories happened with my cousins! Love ya!