Thursday, January 21, 2010

This is What I Wanted

After a somewhat terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, the end wasn't so bad. Not that it was really that bad of a day, but I was just a little down. I think that the winter blahs have been getting to me! Spring please!

Jaiden, Carlos and I had to go get some cavities filled today. I was worried how Jaiden would do but he did awesome. The laughing gas definitely helped but the dentist was really impressed with how well he did. The assistant is awesome with the kids and has names for all the instruments and she really helped too. Carlos had his tooth filled without any anesthesia because that's how he's always had it done. Then there's me, who also had to have the laughing gas because I'm so deathly afraid of needles, especially in my mouth! I watched Somewhere in Time (the first part of it) and they drilled away. Maybe I could have done it without the gas, but I don't know. I'm pretty much a huge wimp when it comes to needles! So, what would have cost nothing because the insurance covers fillings 100% cost $60 just so I could survive a couple of pokes in the mouth. Or, as the dentist (lied) to me, a couple of scratches from his long fingernails that he forgot to cut!

It's been a long time since I've had my mouth numb like that and it seemed like it lasted a really long time. And I think I got the side-effect of grouchiness from the gas too. Just ask Carlos!

I finally convinced my grouchy self that yes, I was going to go the gym and enjoy Zumba. I always do but just didn't feel like it. So, I got the kids ready and buckled in the car when I went to grab the keys and --- not there! We only have one key to the van because it's a smart key and we've been told (maybe I should really check it out) that another one costs about $100. We have a lot of other uses for $100 so we've just kept the one key. But sometimes, after we go somewhere in the morning and Carlos drives, he forgets to hang it up and takes it to work with him. My mother-in-law let me use her car and I went and picked up the key really quick.

By the time I got to the gym, Zumba was half-over and way to crowded for my crowd-avoiding personality. So I went to the bikes but the first one didn't work and even though the second one worked, I was too bummed to put any effort into and decided to walk on a treadmill instead. I only walked for about 20 minutes and then did a little bit of weights. While doing the weights, I listenned to some music and that's what finally helped me to start feeling a little bit better. My "Mad/Calm Down" song is "Remember When it Rained" by Josh Groban. It takes me through all of the emotions and then ends calmly and for some reason helps me to get out my frustrations and calm down. Of course, I have to listen to it at a high volume. So, by the time I left the gym, I was feeling a little bit better.

Then, I got to watch my cute neices for a little while and visit with my sister-in-law for a little bit and that helped pick me up. And I got to talk to my cousin Andrea and that picked me up too. So, even though the day wasn't great (I know, it's all about attitude...), it turned out okay. I think the No Bake Cookies helped too...

While talking with Andrea, she asked how my boys were. I said, "They drive me crazy, but this is what I wanted, so I need to be happy about it!" That pretty much sums it up!

Here's a cute picture of Austin when he went to sleep last night:


3 comments:

Rhitzclan said...

Oh that is a cute picture! And I think I'd be more alarmed about a dentist telling me he "scratched me" with his long fingernails than a needle sticking me. Ewww!

Heidi said...

I'm glad to hear that things are a little better now. I've had a lot of days lately that I feel the same way, and it is a good thing when bedtime comes around. I think I am ready for spring too!

Andrea Brown said...

So good to talk to you. If you need a little spring in your life, come down to sunny st george. Its the best time of the year down here! We would love to have you all!