We started out the year by going to Colombia for about two weeks. We went to see all of Carlos' family, but especially his grandmother who had leukemia and kept saying she wouldn't die until she had seen Jaiden. We had a great time and as always enjoyed the beauty, the fresh exotic fruit and the delicious fresh rolls every day. That is one thing I definitely miss about my mission!
Every time I've been to Colombia, it makes me think of the land of bountiful. Everything is so lush and green and abundant. We were able to enjoy more time than our previous trip (two years earlier) as it was only for a week. I was 5 months pregnant with Jaiden then and 6 months pregnant with Austin this time, which was perfect timing because I was still pretty comfortable.
The trip back was a nightmare story and a half, partly because we were traveling on buddy passes - with a toddler! Actually, Jaiden was a dream both on the way down and back, it was just very, very stressful. The airport in Bogota is one of the worst I have ever flown out of, every time I'm there it's a nightmare. The good news is that they are expanding it because part of the problem is that it is too small and all of the flights to the USA for all of the airlines leave at almost the same time each day.
Anyway, overall it was a great trip. Here is a slide show.
No comments:
Post a Comment